Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb lean bacon, cut across slices for narrow strips
- 1 large onion, at least 1 cup, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 green pepper, julienne strips
- 1 small carrot, slender, sliced thinly diagonally
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1⁄2 head of cabbage, shredded, about 2 cups
- 1⁄2-1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook bacon until fat is rendered out, remove with slotted spoon, reserve. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp of bacon fat, keeping the excess in reserve if you wish to use it in the stir frying of the vegetables. Vegetable oil is really better.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Pour over vegetables and bacon; cook and stir only until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot brown rice, or Chinese noodles, topped with additional soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
this was a great stir-fry very easy and quick to make great for a quick lunch
Stellar! I did swap in/out some veggies...red pepper for green, green beans for broccoli, patty pan squash for carrots, purple cauliflower, skipped the cabbage and sprouts. Just threw in what I got from the farmer's market! I used fresh garlic and ginger, and uncured turkey bacon. Delicious!
This is so good. I used turkey bacon instead of pork. Not that terrible stuff you find in the market. An organic turkey bacon by welshire farms. For the veggies I used the onion, celery, green pepper and mushrooms. Instead of using the other veggies I just bought a bag of broccoli slaw which has carrots, cabbage and broccoli in it. I deleted the cauliflower and bean sprounts since I don't love those veggies. I also doubled the sauce. Let me tell you, this was a very yummy dinner. It doesn't look like it's all that but it was good. My two year old ate it like crazy. Didn't go over so well on my 4 year old but he's just at that stage. A must try. Yummy