Recipe by Abby Girl
I love appetizers that I can prepare ahead of time and just warm up. These rolls are perfect for the "chef on the run"
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 15 slices sandwich bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook bacon, mushroom and onion for 5 - 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted and set aside.
- Trim crusts from bread and flatten slices slightly with rolling pin.
- Spread each slice with about 2 T mushroom mixture and roll up jelly-roll fashion; secure with toothpick.
- Place, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or freeze. (If frozen, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking).
- Brush rolls with melted butter.
- Bake in 375 oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove toothpicks, cut rolls in half and serve warm.