Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from hpj.com Judy Krening Fort Morgan, CO
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Saute bacon, mushrooms, onion, salt, & pepper 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese; set aside and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut crusts from bread.
- With rolling pin, flatten bread until 1/4" thick.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mushroom mixture over each slice.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put on cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 375°F until lightly brown.
- Cut in half and serve warm.
- Makes 24 appetizer-size servings.
I absolutley loved these appetizers! I don't like mushrooms but you can't even tell there are any in them... Very yummy!