Recipe by Calee
A hot appetizer simple to put together. Variations could be anything, feta cheese topped with olives and oregano.
Top Review by Luschka
These were quick and easy. I didn't have dry mustard so used Dijon instead. We also don't get crescent rolls here, so I just used normal puff pastry, rolled in in a tube and sliced in to circles. They have a very strong flavour and as such are a great addition to a finger buffet. Reviewed for PhotoTag Spring 2008
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 mushrooms, fresh and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bacon and mushrooms, fry until the bacon is crisp, drain and set aside on paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine cheese, butter, dry mustard, paprika and parsley.
- Add cooled bacon and mushroom; mix well.
- Remove dough from can in two rolled sections, don't unroll them. Roll each section in sesame seeds.
- With serrated knife slice each section into 8 slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With your thumb make an indentation in center of each slice.
- Top with about 1 tsp of the cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.