Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of National Pork Board Hatfield.
- 8 slices hatfield sliced bacon
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 2⁄3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 double crust pie crust (homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375. On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/16-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; reroll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop. Chop mushrooms, saute in butter until limp and liquid evaporates. Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup. Bake until puffed and light brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out.
- Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Repeat, uncovered, in 350 oven for about 10 minutes.