1/1 Photo of Bacon and Molasses Beans
I usually bake these in the oven for about 1 hour at 325 dregees, then top with cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes of baking, but that is only optional. They even taste better the next day, that is if you have any left LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 slices bacon, cut into pieces (or to taste)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mild molasses
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Cook the bacon in a heavy pot over medium heat until crisp (about 5 minutes) transfer to paper towels.
- 2Drain off some of the fat but not all of it.
- 3Add in onions, bell pepper and garlic; saute for about 7-8 minutes until tender.
- 4Add the bacon back into the pot with all the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- 5Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30-35 minutes, or place in the oven to bake.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Molasses Beans
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 485.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g