Recipe by Bergy
This is an easy, simple recipe that goes over well. You can make the filling ahead and scoop out the tomatoes well ahead of time but do not fill the tomatoes until just before serving. I like to add the lettuce to the filling just before filling the tomato however the original recipe said you can mix it in when you combine all the stuffing ingredients. Looks great on a buffet table
Top Review by Miss Annie
Bergy, these were really wonderful....almost like a BLT without the toast. All of the flavors were fabulous together, a nice, tasty combination. They did look pretty on the table too, ....while they lasted! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. It's nice and easy, so I will definately make this again! :-)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top off the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds& pulp. Use the seeds & puld in some other recipe.
- Salt the inside of the tomato and put them upside down on a paper towel to drain for about15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the bacon, chives, lettuce and Mayo, season with salt and pepper (remember that you have already salted the inside of the tomatoes).
- Fill the tomatoes just before serving.