Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from a friend, trying it out tonight
Make and share this Bacon and Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the bacon up into tiny pieces and fry with the oil.
- Once the fat begin to melt off, add in the roughly chopped carrots, celery, onions, or other veggies that you desire. I used leeks.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add in garlic and let cook for one more minute.
- Add in the can of tomatoes, chicken stock and washed lentils.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes or so. After 20 minutes,add in any other veg you want. I added green beans.
- Let simmer for another 15 minutes. Add in cabbage if you want.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes. YUM!
This turned out nice in the end. It's much more of a stew texture, rather than a soup, and I did have to add an extra cup of stock just to get it to that point. The instructions could be clearer as well. I've never seen the word "whatever" as a direction in a recipe before, so that was different. Overall, not too bad. I added a few bay leaves and seasoned it as well. Thanks Fred and Christie! Made for PAC Spring 2008.