1/1 Photo of Bacon and Lentil Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Fred and Christie's Note:
Got this from a friend, trying it out tonight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bacon up into tiny pieces and fry with the oil.
- 2Once the fat begin to melt off, add in the roughly chopped carrots, celery, onions, or other veggies that you desire. I used leeks.
- 3Let cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add in garlic and let cook for one more minute.
- 4Add in the can of tomatoes, chicken stock and washed lentils.
- 5Let simmer for about 20 minutes or so. After 20 minutes,add in any other veg you want. I added green beans.
- 6Let simmer for another 15 minutes. Add in cabbage if you want.
- 7Simmer for another 5 minutes. YUM!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 673.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g