Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Come on,you know that sounds good! I developed these after attempting to overcome an addiction to bacon and horseradish dip I developed on my recent trip to the States. You can even make these vegetarian by using the Bacos bacon bits that are made out of soy instead of the actual bacon. The recipe can be scaled up pretty easily for bigger crowds. Also, this is one of those times when I am not totally clear on how to translate an ingredient from UK to US. I used what is called 'horseradish sauce' here in the UK. Which, I remember being somewhere in between prepared horseradish and horseradish cream in the States. So, I put one but you can probably use either.
Top Review by Diana #2
I really like horseradish, so I knew I had to make this particular recipe. I wasn't disappointed. This was a nice change from the 'normal' deviled eggs out there. Thanks Sarah Jayne. Made for Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #27.
- 6 hardboiled egg
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- dried parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and put them into a bowl.
- Mash the eggs together with the mayonnaise, horseradish cream and the onion flakes.
- Crumble the bacon into the bowl and stir through the egg mixture.
- Put the egg yolk mixture back into the eggs and sprinkle each with a bit of dried parsley to garnish.