Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I love bacon so this stuffing variation caught my eye pretty easily. From "Ways to Prepare Meat 1978". For lamb, veal and beef.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cook bacon until just crisp.
- Add the butter and onion.
- Cook until the onion is soft, but not brown.
- Mix into breadcrumbs with the herbs.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add the beaten egg. Mix well.