Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A refrigerated pie crust plus kitchen staples makes this a quick go-to recipe when you need to whip something up at a moment's notice. Recipe is from Bon Appetit.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 8 bacon, slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unfold crust. Using fingertips, press together any tears. Press crust into a 9-inch diameter deep dish glass pie dish. Press foil onto crust to hold shape. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle bacon, then chilies and green onions over crust. Mix cheeses together and sprinkle over. Whisk eggs, half and half, and salt in a medium bowl to blend; pour mixture into crust.
- Bake quiche until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes. Let quiche stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Awesome quiche!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe and made my own pie crust (from "Small Batch Baking"). I used a mini pie pan, which is probably about a third of the size of a normal pie pan and made the quiche in one pan and then froze the other pie crust in the other pan for a later use. This is so full of flavor, with the bacon, peppers and cheese. I served it with some fresh orange slices, yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for you win in the Football Pool Game.
This was a really nice quiche. I did have one problem with it - I over-cooked it. lol. I did follow the directions and cooked it for 45 minutes, but my crust was pretty crispy (why there is no upper crust in my pic) and the cheese was a little over done as well. Not sure if it was just my oven or not but I will check it after 30-35 minutes next time. The flavor was great and my grandson asked when we could have it again. So there will be a next time and I'm sure it will be even better. Thanks, Nancy for sharing. Made for Four Your Consideration tag.