Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
How scrumptious? Pair up green beans and bacon and toss in some wonderful Feta cheese, and you get Yummy! So good and goes with just about anything.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cooked al dente with still some crunch to them
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned but only slightly crisp.
- Drain grease, leaving a small amount in the skillet for later use.
- Crumble bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, then set aside.
- Cook green beans in a large saucepan of salted water 5-6 minutes, or until they are just crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Don't over-cook. Drain and set aside.
- Reheat skillet with residual bacon grease over medium-high heat. Stir in bacon and garlic, until garlic is lightly golden.
- Add green beans and Feta cheese and season with onion powder and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook and stir until most of the Feta cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with remaining Feta cheese and crumbled bacon.