Recipe by FLUFFSTER
How scrumptious? Pair up green beans and bacon and toss in some wonderful Feta cheese, and you get Yummy! So good and goes with just about anything.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cooked al dente with still some crunch to them
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned but only slightly crisp.
- Drain grease, leaving a small amount in the skillet for later use.
- Crumble bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, then set aside.
- Cook green beans in a large saucepan of salted water 5-6 minutes, or until they are just crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Don't over-cook. Drain and set aside.
- Reheat skillet with residual bacon grease over medium-high heat. Stir in bacon and garlic, until garlic is lightly golden.
- Add green beans and Feta cheese and season with onion powder and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook and stir until most of the Feta cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with remaining Feta cheese and crumbled bacon.