1/3 Photos of Bacon and Eggs With Tomatoes and Mushrooms
From the Mystery food novel Food To Die For. In the novel/recipe book, this recipe is described as being a Classic English Breakfast. Even though it's not kosher, I'm hoping some one else will enjoy the recipe, although I did hear once that there was such a thing as fake bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate and keep warm.
- 2In the same pan, fry the bacon for 5 minutes, until crisp and brown, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Pour off the drippings, before adding the sausages to the pan and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer ro a plate to drain.
- 3Pour the fat from the skillet onto a separate dish, and return 1 tsp of the bacon fat to the skillet to use to fry the tomatoes for 3 minutes per side. Arrange the tomatoes on 2 breakfast plates.
- 4Add 1 tbsp bacon fat to the skillet, fry the eggs over medium low heat to desired doneness. Arrange the eggs between the two plates.
- 5In the same pan, quickly fry the bread slices for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown, adding more bacon fat, if necassary. Arrangethe hot bread slices, bacon, sausages, and mushrooms on the plates. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Eggs With Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.0
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 482.1 mg
- Sodium 1408.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 43.0 g