From the Mystery food novel Food To Die For. In the novel/recipe book, this recipe is described as being a Classic English Breakfast. Even though it's not kosher, I'm hoping some one else will enjoy the recipe, although I did hear once that there was such a thing as fake bacon.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry the bacon for 5 minutes, until crisp and brown, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Pour off the drippings, before adding the sausages to the pan and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer ro a plate to drain.
- Pour the fat from the skillet onto a separate dish, and return 1 tsp of the bacon fat to the skillet to use to fry the tomatoes for 3 minutes per side. Arrange the tomatoes on 2 breakfast plates.
- Add 1 tbsp bacon fat to the skillet, fry the eggs over medium low heat to desired doneness. Arrange the eggs between the two plates.
- In the same pan, quickly fry the bread slices for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown, adding more bacon fat, if necassary. Arrangethe hot bread slices, bacon, sausages, and mushrooms on the plates. Serve immediately.