Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a tasty breakfast casserole that is easy to make.
- 4 slices bacon
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Or use the ready made bacon that takes about 40 seconds in the microwave to cook.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yummy casserole with great flavor! I halved this recipe and baked it in an oval baker. Mine had to bake about 45 minutes. Even though I halved the recipe, I still used 4 slices bacon and I'm glad I did. I think I would add a couple more slices if I were to make the recipe to serve 8. Thanks for sharing!
Made this this morning, quick and very good. Used sharp cheese, think next time I'll try swiss or pepper jack, just for fun. Made for 123 tag.
A quick easy weekend breakfast. I reduced the amount of servings to two and made in an 8" skillet. Used two slices of bacon and ff sour cream and milk. Served with croissants, avocado and apple slices.