1/1 Photo of Bacon and Eggs Anyone ?
1 hr 5 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
a quick breakfast casserole for family, and company,.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, slightly crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Cook potatoes in salted water just until tender, but do not overcook, drain well.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt margarine, and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute, or till smooth.
- 3Gradually add cream and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- 4Add cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and white, and black pepper, stirring constantly until cheese melts, and remove from heat.
- 5In a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half of the egg slices, half of bacon, and half of cheese sauce.
- 6Spoon potatoes over cheese sauce and top with remaining egg slices, bacon, and cheese sauce.
- 7Combine breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons melted margarine, and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 8Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Before baking remove casserole from fridge, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Eggs Anyone ?
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 972.4
- Calories from Fat 686
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 505.0 mg
- Sodium 1281.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning