1/1 Photo of Bacon and Egg Tacos
This makes a great weekend brunch, all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste, I also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper to the eggs, the baking powder will make the eggs very fluffy, you may omit if desired but I suggest to add it in, wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven at 200 degrees F while making the eggs, serve the tortillas with salsa :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, finely chopped (or use any amount desired)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use 18% table cream or half and half)
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (omit if using bacon grease)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- 6 (6 inch) floured tortillas (warmed)
- salsa (use any amount desired)
- 1In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp; remove to a plate (you may drain the fat or leave a few tablespoons in the skillet and omit the butter).
- 2In a bowl whisk the eggs with cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until well combined, then add in the cooked bacon.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until almost firm but still slightly watery.
- 5Add in the cheese and cook gently stirring until the eggs are just cooked and the cheese has melted.
- 6Spoon about 1/4 cup or a little more down the center of each warm tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount of green onions (if using) over the egg mixture.
- 7Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- 8You may place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- 9Serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 319.1 mg
- Sodium 672.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g