1/1 Photo of Bacon and Egg Spaghetti
Brett Lee's Note:
I found this recipe in an old Italian cookbook. It's really easy to make and best of all it will be absolutely DEMOLISHED at the table. Especially by the kids. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring some salted water to the boil in a large pot for cooking the spaghetti.
- 2In a medium bowl lightly break and stir eggs with a fork and fold in about 1-1/4 cups of cheese.
- 3Slice the bacon rashers into small cubes or thin strips if you prefer.
- 4Use the edge of a knife to crush the garlic cloves without breaking them up too much. (You want the garlic cloves to remain reasonably whole)
- 5In a large skillet over a medium high heat pour the olive oil and add the garlic.
- 6While the garlic's cooking use a wooden spoon to press down on the cloves to release the flavour.
- 7After a minute or two add the chopped bacon and cook for about 5 minutes. (Don't let the bacon get crispy).
- 8When the bacon's cooked remove garlic cloves and turn down to a low heat.
- 9Cook spaghetti to packet instructions (al dente) and drain.
- 10In the same pot (used to cook the spaghetti) add a little olive oil and return the cooked spaghetti.
- 11Mix in the bacon and hot oil, egg and Parmesan mixture and chopped parsley tossing lightly with tongs. (The eggs, bacon and cheese should stick to the pasta) .
- 12Pour onto a warm dish and garnish with a little leftover parmesan and parsley.
- 13Serve with piping hot garlic or herb bread-- YUM!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.8
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 919.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 38.3 g