This twist on the traditional breakfast sandwich features sweet, caramelized onion and peppery arugula.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 2Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings; drain on paper towels.
- 3Add onion, water, and hot sauce to drippings in pan; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in butter and sugar; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 6Set aside; keep warm.
- 7Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 9Place bread in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; set aside, and keep warm.
- 10Recoat pan with cooking spray.
- 11Crack eggs into pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Gently turn eggs, one at a time, cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- 13Sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper.
- 14Place one bread slice on each of two plates, arrange onion mixture evenly over bread.
- 15Place 1 egg, 2 bacon slices, and 1/2 cup arugula over each serving; top with remaining bread slices.
- 16Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 201.2 mg
- Sodium 571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: