Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This twist on the traditional breakfast sandwich features sweet, caramelized onion and peppery arugula.
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion, water, and hot sauce to drippings in pan; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in butter and sugar; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Place bread in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; set aside, and keep warm.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gently turn eggs, one at a time, cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Place one bread slice on each of two plates, arrange onion mixture evenly over bread.
- Place 1 egg, 2 bacon slices, and 1/2 cup arugula over each serving; top with remaining bread slices.
- Serve immediately.