- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel; crumble.
- Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking.
- Peel eggs; chop.
- In medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, celery, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in bacon.
- Chill to help blend flavors.
- Layer lettuce, egg salad and tomato slices on 4 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining bread slices.