Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounded different but good.
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel; crumble.
- Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking.
- Peel eggs; chop.
- In medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, celery, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in bacon.
- Chill to help blend flavors.
- Layer lettuce, egg salad and tomato slices on 4 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
I used thick sliced pepper bacon. I also added some chives in with the eggs. Made on whole wheat rolls and it made huge sandwiches. Awesome!
Awesome! All the measurements were right on. This is my new egg salad recipe! I added a little bit of mustard just because we love mustard, the recipe is delish without it too. Thank you for posting this Charlotte!
Loved it! This was crunchy, tasty and gone fast!! Used low-fat mayo and turkey bacon. Didn't add any salt (because of the bacon) and added lots of pepper. Thanks Charlotte! :)