Recipe by Hey Jude
Versatile recipe that can be served alone as a salad, or on a bed of green, or as a sandwich filling. Easy and tasty! Adapted from Ultimate Southern Living cookbook.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was a very delicious salad thank you Hey Jude. I'm trying out salads for a function next month, and this is a winner. It's easy to make, full of flavour, and it's got lots of nice different textures. I especially enjoyed the tang of the horseradish, and the crunch of the celery. Thanks.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; fold into egg mixture Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Salad can be chilled up to 24 hours; bacon will soften slightly.
- Serve this as a salad or as a sandwich filling.