Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are really good! you can adjust all amounts to taste. Prepare the ranch/salsa mixture well in advance and chill to blend the flavors.
Top Review by Kate57
These are so good. I did chunk my peppers and added them to the blender with the eggs and cream and made quick work of the chopping and mixing. I have come to like the pre-cooked bacon strips and I'm sure bacon bits could work too. I saved half of my serving for lunch at work the next day - warmed in the microwave it made a very tasty meal.
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use 18% cream)
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper (red or green, seeded and finely chopped)
- 5 pickled jalapeno peppers, slices chopped (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley ranch for this)
- 3⁄4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (you will need about 3 cups or to taste, or use a Mexi-blend cheese)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl stir together the Ranch dressing with the salsa; mix to combine then season with a small amount of salt if desired; cover and chill.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and whipping cream until well blended; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the green onions, bell pepper and chopped pickled jalapenos; mix to combine.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the egg mixture; cook without stirring.
- Lift the eggs on the bottom using a spatula to allow more batter to run along the sides of the pan to cook.
- Cover the skillet and continue to cook until the eggs are thickened and set but still moist (do not stir and make certain not to overcook the eggs).
- Slide the eggs onto a large glass plate; set aside.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 cup grated cheese over each tortilla, then top with a fourth of egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbled cooked bacon and then cubed ham.
- Top with about 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then fold the tortilla in half over the filling, press gently to seal.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat in a skillet or coat with cooking spray.
- Using a large spatula carefully add in one or two quesadillas at a time and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until light golden brown.
- Serve with the salsa mixture.