Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quesadillas de Tocino y Huevo, in '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore.
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slice cooked crisp bacon, broken into small pieces
- 2 flour tortillas (8-9 inches)
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (or Oaxaca)
- vegetable oil
- In a big nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat; cook the onion, stirring, about 15 seconds.
- Add in the beaten eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and cook, stirring, until barely set; stir in the bacon; remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the tortillas on a flat surface and spoon half of the eggs on each tortilla; top with equally with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half; brush lightly with oil.
- Wipe out the skillet (or use another clean skillet) and heat over medium heat.
- Toast the quesadillas until lightly browned on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve hot.
Yum! Simple and good. Both my grandson and I enjoyed these with a side of salsa and sour cream. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' for a nice keeper. Congrats on your football win!
My family loves this recipe! I used regular onions instead of green onions but other than that I followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!