Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really simple dish. It can be a light supper with a salad or a breakfast dish. It is so yummy but not exactly for the diet conscious.
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 250 g bacon, chopped
- 9 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a pie dish lightly.
- Line pie dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Trim any excess allowing a little overhang.
- Scatter the onion, bacon over the base.
- Crack the eggs over the base.
- Do NOT break the yolks.
- Pepper generously.
- Top with puff pastry.
- Trim excess.
- Use the scraps to make decorations if you wish.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
great recipe - easy and very tasty!
so glad you posted this recipe we used to have it as children thanks for the recipe syrah