Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a cookbook from calgary and decided to try it for lunch. It was really good ,easy to prepare and would be great if you were having company.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch double-crust pie shells
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cooked
- cheddar cheese cube
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- Crack 6 fresh eggs into pastry shell in a circle.
- Arrange onion rings over top.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese cubes.
- Place tomatoe slices on top.
- Place pastry top on pie.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
The only thing that would make this better is a garden fresh tomato. I put it together in less than 5 minutes. Including the time used to zap the turkey bacon in the microwave. I did not read well and only used one crust. It baked in 50 minutes. My husband and I ate half the pie for brunch.