Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
All amounts may be adjusted to suit taste --- source, Taste of Home magazice
- 1 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels.
- In the drippings saute onions until tender.
- Stir in flour seasoned salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in half and half cream; bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in greased dish.
- Layer with four noodles, then a third of the eggs and bacon, swiss cheese and white sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
This is very good. We just got done having dinner and everyone is giving it thumbs up. I actually got this recipe out of Taste of Home 2001 Annual Recipe book. Thanks for posting