Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is different than empanadas I have seen here. This can also be made ahead of time and reheated later. *OAMC*
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) canrefrigerated jumbo flakey biscuits
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; stir in cheese.
- Melt butter in a 9 inch skillet over medium heat; add eggs and cook without stirring until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are slightly thickened but still moist. (Do NOT stir constantly).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Flatten each bisquit into about a 5 inch circle.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the tops of dough circles, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Top evenly with eggs and bacon.
- Fold dough circles in half over mixture, pinching edges to seal.
- Place 2 inches apart in a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan coated with pam.
- Brush top of doughs evenly with egg white.
- Press sealed edges with the tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove empanadas with a spatula onto a wire rack.
- Serve Warm.
- Leftovers store in a ziplock bag after completely cooled.
- To reheat wrap in paper towel and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes.
- *These are good for OAMC*.
Delicious! Since I'm not really a morning person and don't like to spend a lot of time making breakfast in the morning, I just made these for dinner and leftovers for breakfast tomorrow :) I did try to reduce some of the cals/fat so I used 4 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese, 1/4 tsp of seasoning salt, omitted the cheddar cheese, used 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites and I used cooking spray instead of butter for the eggs. Didn't cut out any flavor, whatsoever. Thanks for posting, will make them again!
These were very good and easy to make. They turned out beautiful enough to serve to company! I didn't really taste the cream cheese mixture, but maybe it was there to make them more moist inside or maybe I didn't spread it thick enough, but I plan to make these MANY times and put them in my cookbook :). These would be great to make ahead and take camping also. Thank you for a great recipe!
Loved these! I used Recipe #26110 for the crust and got six biscuits. I only used 4 eggs and 3 oz. onion and chive cream cheese. 30 sec. in the microwave on high this morning and they were perfect.