This is a simple recipe that my husband makes for us a lot for breakfast. Just takes one pan and you have bacon and eggs! This recipe easily adapts to how many you want to make, just use more muffin/cupcake pans! Now if you like to have your bacon crispy, this will not be for you. The bacon gets done but not crispy! The bacon flavors the egg, which is much like a poached or boiled egg. The servings are based on two bacon and egg cups per person. Hope you enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a muffin/cupcake pan, line the holes with a slice of bacon, pressing the bacon around the sides of the hole, not on the bottom.
- Crack one egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the egg is the doneness you like.
- These bacon and egg cups should pop right out of the pan.
Everyone enjoyed, but the eggs were hard cooked. Next time I think I will pre-cook the bacon cups 10 mins and then cook the eggs 10 mins so the yolks are not solid. Otherwise great!!!! Big brunch hit!!!
similar to my recipe eggs benedict cups #106668 (I use ham,cream, and cheese). Bacon sounds like a great alternative. Maybe you could put bacon in muffin tin first and prebake 5-10 minutes before adding the egg and all else to make bacon crispier!
These really are delicious,,,I personally dont mind the hard yolk, but I think next time I might try a slice of tomato between the egg and the cheese,,,this might not help much with the yolk problem but it will add another flavour to a really tasty and simple brunch dish