Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got a Southern Living cookbook from the library and am saving some recipes to 'Zaar so I don't forget...this one sounded good!
- 1 loaf king's Hawaiian bread
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salsa or fresh tomato
- Cube the bread and arrange in a grease 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Let stand 30 minutes before baking at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with salsa or tomatoes.
I found this recipe from Southern Living 7/03, and it's a keeper. I substituted a combination of hash browns and seasoned french fries for the Hawaiian bread because it's what I had on hand, and I loved it. This casserole was gone within a day. Thanks for posting!