Recipe by Pinay0618
Nice on-the-go breakfast muffins!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
So easy and so good, I used soft scrambled egg instead of hard boiled and real bacon bits instead of frying my own - this also freeze well and so nice to have on those busy days. The savory taste was perfect with a side of fresh garden strawberris and hot coffee.
- 2 cups white lily self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup crisco vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or use muffin cup liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Stir in cheese and make a well in the center of the ingredients.
- Whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add all at once to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 1/3 full (half the batter will be used).
- Combine the diced egg and cooked crumbled bacon. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- Top with remaining batter. Muffin cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.