Prep 30 mins
Cook 26 mins
Nice on-the-go breakfast muffins!
- 2 cups white lily self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup crisco vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or use muffin cup liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Stir in cheese and make a well in the center of the ingredients.
- Whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add all at once to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 1/3 full (half the batter will be used).
- Combine the diced egg and cooked crumbled bacon. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- Top with remaining batter. Muffin cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
So easy and so good, I used soft scrambled egg instead of hard boiled and real bacon bits instead of frying my own - this also freeze well and so nice to have on those busy days. The savory taste was perfect with a side of fresh garden strawberris and hot coffee.
Just made these. They were so easy to make. I used the suggestion of scambled eggs and real bacon pieces in a bag. They were delicious! I scrambled 3 eggs instead of 2 and only baked for 15 minutes. I really did not taste the cheese but I used mild cheddar - will get sharp cheddar for next batch. (Anxious to try this receipe and add other ingredients ham, sauage, onions, peppers etc.).