Recipe by Tisme
This recipe is something a little different to serve at breakfast. They can be eaten hot or cold. Of course you can always use your own toppings.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are really good and a perfect treat to put in DH's lunch. I cut each bacon slice in thirds and left out the onions. The eggs were soft set with a runny yolk just the way we like fried eggs! Made for AUS/NZ Make My Recipe.
- 6 soft hamburger buns
- 3 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 6 eggs
- 250 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slice from the top of each bun reserving the tops.
- Hollow out each bun, being careful to leave a thick shell.
- Saute bacon and onion in pan; place on absorbent paper to drain off any excess oil.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Brush the inside of buns with the half the butter mixture.
- Carefully break an egg into each bun.
- Spoon bacon and onion mixture over eggs.
- Season eggs; top with grated cheese; replace the bun lids.
- Brush each of the bun lids with the remaining butter.
- Bake in oven at 200 degree Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes or until eggs have cooked.