This recipe is something a little different to serve at breakfast. They can be eaten hot or cold. Of course you can always use your own toppings.
- Cut a slice from the top of each bun reserving the tops.
- Hollow out each bun, being careful to leave a thick shell.
- Saute bacon and onion in pan; place on absorbent paper to drain off any excess oil.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Brush the inside of buns with the half the butter mixture.
- Carefully break an egg into each bun.
- Spoon bacon and onion mixture over eggs.
- Season eggs; top with grated cheese; replace the bun lids.
- Brush each of the bun lids with the remaining butter.
- Bake in oven at 200 degree Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes or until eggs have cooked.