Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 4-6 slice bacon, fried and crumbled, reserve fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 20-25 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 mushroom stems, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion and mushroom stems in bacon fat until tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Mix crumbled bacon, onion and stems with softened cream cheese until the mixture is workable.
- Stuff each mushroom and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler just until tops are golden.
These were wonderful. I made them pretty much just as the recipe says. The only thing that I did a little different is I put the onion, bacon and stems in the food processor so they would be really small pieces. The taste was amazing. Thanks so much for posting and contributing to my Easter dinner.
I added a couple of chopped chillies to the recipe - baked them in the oven on roasting trays until they were a bit crispy. They were okay but nothing to shout about. Would make them again but add different things like smoked salmon.
YUM, YUM, YUM! We gobbled these up! To lower fat content I used precooked bacon bits and then sauteed the onion and stem in some olive oil. Also, just as a quick tip, place the mixture in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for a bit. Snip off an end and simply squeeze mixture into the mushroom caps. Quick and less messy.