- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled, reserve fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 20 -25 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 mushroom stems, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and mushroom stems in bacon fat until tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Mix crumbled bacon, onion and stems with softened cream cheese until the mixture is workable.
- Stuff each mushroom
- bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler just until tops are golden.