This is from Everyday with RR. This looks like such a lovely fall/winter comfort dish! And crab... YUMMO!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups milk
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons chives, snipped
- oyster crackers
- 1Put a medium pot over med-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the bacon until it is crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 2Pour off a little of the bacon fat. Add the potatoes, onion, celery bell pepper and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are softened.
- 3Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up all the brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- 4Add the milk and bring to a simmer.
- 5Break up the crab meat with your fingers, removing any shell bits. Combine with the thyme and Old Bay.
- 6Stir the crab meat into the pot and simmer 6-7 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender and the soup has thickened.
- 7Finish the chowder with the sherry and serve with the bacon, chives and oyster crackers.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Crab Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 1192.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning