- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, and melted.
- butter, stirring as little as possible to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle iron and lay two half slices.
- of bacon on each waffle.
- Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions, or until steam no longer escapes from the waffle iron.
- Makes 6 waffles.