Recipe by English Sunset
I stumbled on this idea when, just before my weekly shop, I was searching around for what was left in the fridge for a quick lunch. It would also be good for a breakfust, brunch or teatime snack. It really brings out the flavour in the baby corn cobs.
- 8 slices smoked back bacon
- 16 baby sweet corn cobs
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 220°C
- Place a baby corn cob near the end of a bacon rasher. Roll the end over to cover it. Place another corn cob next to the first and continue rolling the bacon around both cobs. Repeat with the remaining bacon and corn.
- Place in a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Pat with kitchen paper to remove excess fat.
- Frozen potato croquettes can be cooked alongside the rollups and make an ideal accompaniment.