Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love cilantro and cook with it a lot. I also bake with it. These sweet and salty muffins taste amazingly good!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin or spray muffin tin with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, white sugar and baking powder.
- Whisk egg. Combine egg, milk and canola oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Combine until lumps disappear. Do not over-mix. Let set for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro, bacon and cheddar cheese to the batter. Carefully combine well. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
We enjoyed these savory muffins. They reminded me a bit of cornbread muffins, and were a nice addition to breakfast. The bacon, cilantro, and cheddar make for a colorful muffin. I thought they needed a little something, so we tried a dab of butter and then also tried a drizzle of maple syrup -- yum!
Thank you! I skipped the cilantro because I didn't have any at home today and they turned out great! Next time I'll try with it