Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for parties.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained or 2 (4 ounce) cans jalapenos
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Flatten chicken to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt.
- In a bowl; combine the cream cheese, chilies and garlic. Spread half the mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and wrap with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Slice chicken into 1 in pieces for a bit-size piece. Making sure that each piece has been secured with a toothpick.
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 4 1/2 C baking dish. Bake uncovered, 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Cover and bake 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- ***This can also be placed on the charcoal grill for about 15 minutes. And the green chilies can be replaced with jalapenos for a great kicking taste. When grilling a sweet brown sugar barbeque sauce can be used to coat the chicken when grilling.
This was a fabulous recipe that my husband went nuts over. I made this for a small gathering of friends and the men ate it all before the women could even try it! I did have some trouble rolling up the chicken but I believe that it was because the pieces of chicken breast were too thick and I could only roll them longways. I used Mexican seasonings instead of seasoning salt and green pepper with a few pieces of jalapeno for interest. Finally it was easier for me to cook the bacon-wrapped chicken first and then slice it when it had cooled because I made a mess trying to slice it up beforehand even with the toothpicks!. All in all, a great recipe which I highly recommend.