Recipe by mailbelle
Great for a low-carb diet! Instead of rolling up the chicken and wrapping the bacon around it, the bacon is cooked, crumbled and mixed with cheese and herbs and used as a filling for the chicken. Only half of the bacon mixture is used for the filling. The other half combines with chicken broth and diced tomatoes to make a savory sauce. Use turkey bacon to make it lower in fat.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bacon, Parmesan cheese, and herbs.
- Flatten chicken and fill with half of the bacon mix. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and salt and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken.
- Add broth and tomatoes to skillet and heat to boiling.
- Add remaining bacon mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken rolls to skillet; heat and serve.