Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for a low-carb diet! Instead of rolling up the chicken and wrapping the bacon around it, the bacon is cooked, crumbled and mixed with cheese and herbs and used as a filling for the chicken. Only half of the bacon mixture is used for the filling. The other half combines with chicken broth and diced tomatoes to make a savory sauce. Use turkey bacon to make it lower in fat.
- Mix bacon, Parmesan cheese, and herbs.
- Flatten chicken and fill with half of the bacon mix. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and salt and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken.
- Add broth and tomatoes to skillet and heat to boiling.
- Add remaining bacon mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken rolls to skillet; heat and serve.