Recipe by English_Rose
Kids seem to love these, squeeze a little ketkup into the filling if desired. Great for kids parties or for a snack after school!
- 2 sausages
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, in chunks
- 2 slices back bacon, stretched with the back of a knife
- ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausages and cook them for about 5 minutes, so that all the sides are brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the sausages from the pan and cool. Once cool enough to handle make slits lengthways down each sausage.
- Stuff the cheese and ketchup if using inside the slits, then wrap up with the bacon.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy and the sausages are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve on a warm plate.