Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my own version of stuffed mushrooms. It is full of cheesy goodness and of course bacon! I hope you all enjoy!
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon (precooked)
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the portobellos then scrape out the gills and remove the stems.
- Place them cap down in a pan then drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over them.
- Roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While they are roasting, in a skillet over medium heat add a tbsp of olive oil.
- Chop the onions up and put them to the skillet. Cook until they start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven salt and pepper them, then turn them over and salt and pepper them again.
- Spread the mixture onto the mushrooms.
- Distribute the Parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Distribute the Mozzarella Cheese on each mushroom.
- Place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy!
Cheesy bacon goodness is right! Wonderful variation on stuffed portabellas. I ended up with enough filling for four mushrooms, which was just fine by us. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12
DELICIOUS! I did make a few changes to fit the ingredients I had in the fridge, and they turned out to be awesome! I added minced garlic and chopped red bell pepper to the onions. I used buttermilk and breadcrumbs instead of cream cheese. I used gruyere & sharp chedder instead of mozzarella cheese (yummy!). I also added some fresh zesty sprouts to the end product.
Excellent recipe! I too had more stuffing for 2 portobellos. Thought I had mozzarella in the fridge, but found I didn't. Instead I took the crumbled blue cheese I had and mixed it into the cream cheese mixture. AMAZING! I will also use the cream cheese/bacon mixture and try to stuff regular mushrooms for an appetizer. Excellent!