Recipe by angeldawn89
This is my own version of stuffed mushrooms. It is full of cheesy goodness and of course bacon! I hope you all enjoy!
Top Review by Starrynews
Cheesy bacon goodness is right! Wonderful variation on stuffed portabellas. I ended up with enough filling for four mushrooms, which was just fine by us. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon (precooked)
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the portobellos then scrape out the gills and remove the stems.
- Place them cap down in a pan then drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over them.
- Roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While they are roasting, in a skillet over medium heat add a tbsp of olive oil.
- Chop the onions up and put them to the skillet. Cook until they start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven salt and pepper them, then turn them over and salt and pepper them again.
- Spread the mixture onto the mushrooms.
- Distribute the Parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Distribute the Mozzarella Cheese on each mushroom.
- Place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy!