Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Don't be intimidated because it says souffle, as this couldn't get any easier.
Make and share this Bacon and Cheese Souffles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese, stiring until melted.
- Stir in mustard and bacon.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer on medium heat until stiff but not dry, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into 12 lightly greased nonstick muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and set.
Great flavour, very easy to make and something that I would attempt again. I made this as directly but they collapsed as soon as I gently removed them from the oven. My oven light doesn't work so it could have been because I had to open the oven door to check in on their progress. They didn't look as nice but they tasted very good! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks CoffeeB! :)
This is a very good recipe. It was my first try at making a souffle. The only thing I did different was add onion. Wow, very yummy. I would like to make it in a bigger dish and wondered if anybody would know what or if I needed to alter the time to or the oven temp.
Very good. Mine sank in when I removed them from the oven. Not sure what I did wrong. But the flavor was very good. Thanks for sharing.