Recipe by CoffeeB
Don't be intimidated because it says souffle, as this couldn't get any easier.
Top Review by Nif
Great flavour, very easy to make and something that I would attempt again. I made this as directly but they collapsed as soon as I gently removed them from the oven. My oven light doesn't work so it could have been because I had to open the oven door to check in on their progress. They didn't look as nice but they tasted very good! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks CoffeeB! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mustard (grey poupon type)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese, stiring until melted.
- Stir in mustard and bacon.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer on medium heat until stiff but not dry, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into 12 lightly greased nonstick muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and set.