Recipe by Sherrie-pie
Serve with a green salad for lunch. If you prefer, use tomato sauce instead of the mustard.
- 1 (375 g) packet puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 110 g strong hard cheese, grated
- ground black pepper
- beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Roll out pastry to the thickness of a 50p coin. Cut out four 5in/13cm squares.
- Spread a quarter of the mustard on each square, then lay two slices of bacon across each square on the diagonal. Sprinkle grated cheese over bacon and season with ground black pepper.
- Fold up the corners so they meet in the middle alng the length of the bacon and push down lightly into the centre of the square. Puf puffs onto a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg. Chill in frdige for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese has melted and pastry is golden brown.