Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm posting this for those who like Oysters. I don't, but thought this sounded good for those that do! Found in a Florida cookbook.
- 36 oysters, in the shell
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash oysters thoroughly.
- Shuck and place oysters in deep half shell, removing any remaining particles of shell.
- Arrange on baking sheet and top each with 1/2 tbsp of cheese, a sprinkle of bacon and one slice of the pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.
Yummo Jovigirl! I'd had Oysters Kilpatrick topped with cheese in the past so knew the combination worked well together, but the jalapeno peppers made an interesting change. I cooked over the grill on a BBQ with the hood down rather than in an oven.