Recipe by jovigirl
I'm posting this for those who like Oysters. I don't, but thought this sounded good for those that do! Found in a Florida cookbook.
Top Review by Peter J
Yummo Jovigirl! I'd had Oysters Kilpatrick topped with cheese in the past so knew the combination worked well together, but the jalapeno peppers made an interesting change. I cooked over the grill on a BBQ with the hood down rather than in an oven.
- 36 oysters, in the shell
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash oysters thoroughly.
- Shuck and place oysters in deep half shell, removing any remaining particles of shell.
- Arrange on baking sheet and top each with 1/2 tbsp of cheese, a sprinkle of bacon and one slice of the pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.