1/1 Photo of Bacon and Cheese Oven Omelet
M. Joan's Note:
I found this recipe in a family cookbook put together for a bridal shower. I love the fact that I can put the omelet to bake in the oven while I make other ingredients, such as #8602 Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, on the stove. With the addition of fresh fruit, the combination was a huge hit with visiting company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon and drain; chop into pieces. (I make mine in the microwave).
- 2Arrange cheese slices in the bottom of a lightly-buttered 9 inch pie pan. (I use glass.).
- 3Beat together eggs and milk with a fork. Add chopped bacon and pour over cheese.
- 4Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes, until eggs are set in the middle.
- 5Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- 6Note: you can reheat left-over portions in the microwave upside down, with cheese on the top.
- 7You might want to add some herbs on the top, too!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Cheese Oven Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 275.1 mg
- Sodium 548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g