Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious with toast or sweet rolls, juice and coffee for a wonderful weekend breakfast. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (April 1986)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 7 slices bacon
- 8 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 cup milk
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Butter a 9-inch round baking dish.
- Arrange cheese slices on the bottom of the dish.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over low heat until done but still flexible. Drain well on paper towels.
- Chop 4 slices of the bacon and then half the remaining 3 slices crosswise, curling them into a spiral. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper and then stir in the chopped bacon.
- Pour milk/egg/bacon mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place parsley sprigs in center of omlet and arrange bacon curls around the edge.
- Bake 5 more minutes and then cool 5 minutes before slicing into wedges to serve.
I made the full amount for 3 of us. DH and I took what we wanted and DS finished off the rest with no problem. I used a smaller amount of cheese because it was all I had but I think that it worked just fine with some less. I also used smoked ham in place of the bacon as it was in the fridge and bacon wasn't. 5 star voted from all of us.
This is good and easy to make. I halved the recipe also, baking in a small round dish. The swiss was a bit strong for me, overpowered the eggs a bit, but I think the pepper jack suggestion by Barb would be awesome. Made for Pick A Chef '05! thanks :)
A delicious, yummy, fluffy omelet very easy to make. I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, cooked the bacon in microwave, used my hand blender to beat the eggs, milk ,salt & pepper. Then made it like the recipe said. This omelet would be good with any kind of cheese, next time I am going to use Pepper Jack (YUM) as my DH suggested. Ellie, I will be making this again as it is a delicious easy omelet.